Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Learning to make sugarpaste flowers



For the last little while I have been wanting to learn to make sugarpaste flowers. I have a cousin that is amazing at it! (Hi Lyn) So I have been watching you tube clips and reading up and slowly putting together the techniques in my head. I have had a couple of attempts at roses that were truly pathetic. Yesterday I woke up and felt inspired to try again, so here is attempt number 3.


The best thing I could have done for my flower making efforts is to buy a pasta machine, it rolls the sugarpaste so thin and evenly and makes it easier to keep things uniform. I have a long, long way to go though. I started out in this rose rolling to number 3 on the pasta machine and then changed to 5 which is why the middle petals are thicker than the outside ones.


Once I uploaded this picture I realised how ragged my edges look, it is all progress though and as I keep telling my son, practice makes perfect!






1 comment:

  1. The ragged edges make it look authentic, very pretty makes me want roses on my cake! Not my theme though, dang it (this is Kim.A :o))

    ReplyDelete